Thursday, June 7, 2012

Kalin Sawyer Warr

Our little Kalin Sawyer is finally here!

Okay, okay She's been here for almost 6 weeks and my lazy butt just is barely getting around to posting about it. I'm sorry. I apologize, I really do. It was a combination of having no computer, no internet and having things higher in priority to do.

My wonderful doctor let me be induced a week early. I could of hugged her the moment she told me that.

Would you like to hear the story? It's rather....not that exciting, but I'll share it anyways.

We were scheduled to be induced April 28th  at 8 am. Luckily we had Papa Kent and Gaga Carol here to watch Bryners for us, and we left before she woke up so we wouldn't have to deal with her wanting to come with us.

We got all checked in and they tried to put in my IV, and blew my vein. Ouch. SO then she tried the other arm, and for some reason when she got it put in, I Puked....everywhere. Good start to the day.

Then came the pitocin and the inevitable contractions which got me begging for an epidural. I have a sister and two sister-in-laws who all have had two kids, and all of them did it without medicine...let me just say, I don't envy them. I love my epidural. World of hurt for all of 10 seconds and then hours of lovely relief.

After that I settled in and watched some Downton Abby, until the nurse came in and said maybe they should check. 10 cm yay! This was at 2 pm.  She asked me to try to push a little, but immediatly stopped me and ran to get the doctor. Once he got there it was two pushes later and at 2:10 pm our little Kalin Sawyer was born! Of course we didn't officially name her until later because it was austin's job and he couldn't make up his mind.

Brynlee came by later to visit, but she was a tad bit grouchy and screamed to go home, so they left. I felt bad.

Poor Kalin had to have her foot constantly poked because they were worried about her blood sugar levels since she was such a big baby. Oh yeah, that chunk was 9 lbs, 3 oz. Thank goodness they let me go a week early is all I can say!

So far she's a pretty good little baby. Doesn't fuss too much and sleeps great most nights.Brynlee basically ignores her. I'm hoping when Kalin is a little bigger Bryners might become more interested.

Anyways, that's all! We're so happy she's here and Austin is still hinting for a third. And while I love both my kids incredibly much, I'm hinting for a trip to the doctor for a snippity snip procedure. Maybe that's what I'll get him for his birthday. hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment