Friday, January 20, 2012

Someone Please Help Me.

For those of you who don't know, we are getting our house ready to sell.

It’s getting our house ready for sale that is giving me heart palpitations.

If we didn’t have a child I could have our house ready in a couple days. Brynlee makes things a little more difficult. Is there any point to scrubbing walls when a tiny whirling dervish is following behind you eating peanut butter crackers? She actually seemed confused by the sight of our bed being made and promptly climbed up to trash it. Let alone hers. I make her bed and its undone as fast as the tazmanian devil can whip through a tree.

I nearly burst into tears after our real estate agent  explained the key to a fast sale would be making the house look as pristine as possible. “It needs to be clean enough to eat off the floors,” she explained. Of course, Brynlee does eat off the floor regularly, that’s part of the problem. She eats her best on the floor, so we don't force the issue of eating at the table as she has enough problems with eating already. You know your life has changed when you’re chipping Goldfish out of cracks in the floor with a toothpick.

But how do I keep the house clean when within 10 minutes of waking, our living room looks like this :
(And yes, Brynlee's pants are inside out and backwards..and No, she does not have on a shirt, frankly I'm lucky I got a picture with her wearing any clothes at all.)

I feel bad boxing up her toys, we did box up a large amount of stuffed animals, but she actually plays with sll those toys, I would hate to deprive her of them for who knows how long it's going ot take our house to sell.

So Austin gave me chores today to get the living room/ kitchen and Dining room all in "sell shape" That means I also get to clean out the pantry. Who wants to come be my maid for the day? I'll give you a Sticker. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment