Tuesday, January 24, 2012

World's Worst Sleeper

I'm pretty positive Austin and I are parent's to the worlds worst sleeper. Possibly also one of the worlds worst eaters at that. There was once a time where she granted us a reprieve and only woke up once a night. And I think maybe I remember 5 or 6 nights in her life where she actually slept through the night! Those nights seem so far away now. Lately her habit has been 3 to 5 times a night. It speaks to how frustrated we are with her sleeping when we went to New York City and searched the city to find her a souvenir.  We found nothing that said "Brynlee, Brynlee would like this." But on our way through Grand Central Station I saw this book in a window and immediately thought of Brynlee.

I was intrigued. I giggled, I walked into the store. And I was not disapointed. The book got even better on the inside. Austin and I stood there giggling at every page, and we bought it. Does it say something terrible about us as parents that this is the only gift we found for our daughter while there? Don't worry she wont ever get to read it as a kid, but I'm pretty sure I will give it to her when she has her own child.

If you haven't yet have the pleasure of reading this, and you also have child sleeping frustrations, you can see a marvelous reading of it by none other than Samuel Jackson here:
Samuel Jackson reads "Go the F--- to Sleep"

Last night is a brilliant example of her awful sleeping habits. She went to bed at 9, was up at 12, 1, 2:15, and then 3 am. And she was up from 3 am to a little after 5 am. This is how it went. my part will be in Italyics

MOMMY!
What?
I watch Beauty da beast?
No, it's 3 am, go to sleep.
Go sleep in chair in living room
No, its 3 am, if we go out there you will play and not sleep
Drink?
here's some water
Me go nite nite with daddy?
No
Pllleeeaaaasseee nite nite with daddy?
Fine, do you promise you'll go to sleep
yeah
(So we grab her blankets and pillow and plop her next to daddy, where she promptly sits right up)
Memee watch Dora?
No, go to sleep
Memee go play?
Memee cuddle with daddy...(a minute passes) Memee want mommy... 
BOTTLE!! bottle please?
Remember what happened Brynlee? We gave your bottle to a baby in need and you got a fish.
Go see fishy! GO see fishy!
No, its still nite nite, go to sleep.


And for the next two hours she tossed and turned and made it impossible for me to fall asleep. Austin of course was oblivious through most of it as he lay there snoring. Finally after 5 she passed out, so I snuggled down and got ready to get my hour of sleep. So of course little miss baby in my belly decides its the perfect time to go on a kicking punching rampage. I seriously hope that's not a sign of things to come.

2 comments:

  1. I hope for your sanity that is not the case...But from experience it is! Sleep as much as you can now because with 2 you will find sleep becomes unnecessary...just saying! Then they wonder why we are bitches! Cute Frog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will never complain again about getting less than my desired amount of sleep. I am soooooo sorry. I have seen that book online and wondered about it. It looks hilarious!

    ReplyDelete